LOVE OUR PLANET LOVE OUR KIDS – AN I CAN TOO FOUNDATION GLOBAL MOVEMENT
On March 30th, the Earth Hour Day, I CAN TOO Foundation in collaboration with the Renewables 100 Policy Institute launches its latest global movement – Love Our Planet, Love Our Kids – focused on raising awareness for the impact of climate change on children’s health.
Our mission is to highlight the connection between environmental change and children’s health, and the urgency to address it.
As a foundation dedicated to helping children, I CAN TOO believes that bringing the attention on the impact that climate change has on health, is the first and major step on our way to make a difference.
We start our movement by organizing an event dedicated to the WWF initiative – The Earth Hour, which annually raises awareness for preserving Earth and working for a clean planet. EARTH HOUR VIDEO
Why on the Earth Hour Day?
On this day, millions of people around the world turn-off their lights for one hour from 8:30 to 9:30pm to show a commitment to protecting our planet.
Today, every action we take impacts the natural world around us. Our ever-growing demand for food, water and energy is changing the climate faster than predicted – and it comes at a cost to our children above all.
About the event
On March 30th, the Earth Hour Day, I CAN TOO joins efforts with supporters from different locations across the USA and Europe to spread the word about the influence of the environmental changes on children’s health.
We invite everyone to take part! You can join with your restaurant, club, café, office, or at home.
How to join the event?
– Turn-off the lights of your place, or in a certain area of your place for one hour from 8.30 to 9.30pm and make a candle-lit evening for your guests
– Put our brochures or table tents at your place for your guests to be informed
– Put info on your website that you are joining our event
– You can donate a percentage (%) of some of your drinks/food during the event to I CAN TOO. This way you will become an honored donor of our organization. We can issue a donation receipt for your tax deduction purposes.
How people would now that you join the event?
– Your place and location will be submitted on the EARTH HOUR MAP followed by millions of people
– Your place and location will appear on our press release and social media publications
– We will promote your location to bring more clients to you
Join the #LoveOurPlanetLoveOurKids Movement
Spread the word using our hashtags:
#LoveOurPlanetLoveOurKids #icantoo #loveicantoo #lovelife
* * *
The environment has a fundamental and very real effect on children’s health.
See influential studies, reports and news items that support this truth: